Innovative Marine Aquariums

What will eat bristle worms?

Infiniti

lately these worms have been multiplying and getting bigger. i saw one about an inch big!!! are they any threat? also, what will eat these? any gobies, like mandarin?

thanks

A whole inch!!! I think Crakuer has one that eats live chickens and drinks jack and coke!.......Although some bristles are harmful, most are very beneficial.....I've got a bunch!

They shouldnt really bother anything when they are that small.

I'm pretty sure there are some species of pseudochromis that will eat them but becareful they might make lunch out of shrimp.

When they multiply lots they can become a very big problem, depending on what your stocking. They can get quiet large depending on the species. I would get rid of at least some of them to keep there numbers low.

I've heard that six line wrasses will occasionally eat them also. onthefly - 'eats live chickens' .... LMAO! I have one that is dangerously close to getting named he's so large. My guess is 5" and pretty thick fully extended. I have never done a thing to my bristle population. I know when my emerald died they made fast work of him so they can be very beneficial. I guess I liken them to our nightcrawlers on land.

I've got a lot of them but they have never caused me any trouble yet.

*shrug*

Archived