ReefCleaners.org

How to adjust Current USA chiller

cesg

Hi,

I just got my Current USA chiller (1/15 HP) and was wondering what is the best way to adjust it so that it doesn't keep turning on too frequently.

What is the "CA" menu for?? I connected my heater ti the chiller's port.

I would appreciate any advice.

Greetings from Mexico.

What's the chiller tempature set at? If too low, it'll probably come on a lot. Also, what's your room temp - it will run more often in a hot room.

My chiller runs about once every 50 to 60 minutes, depending up room temp. Finally, check you heater to ensure it's not coming on to heat up the water.

didn't it come with instructions?

ca=calibrate.

did you get the right size chiller for your size tank?

Instructions are not clear, they don't even mention that menu, just the "d" menu, which is the temperature differential.

This chiller is rated for aquariums up to 50 gal, mine is a 28 gal nano cube.

Mine used to come on every 5 mins and it drove me crazy. I found that setting the differential to the highest number (i think it was 4) and calibrating the chillers temp up a degree worked for me. I use a fairly large pump too. I found that a MJ1200 wasn't moving water through the chiller fast enough to cool my tank off. The chiller measures the water temp... Inside the chiller. Kinda weird if you ask me, I wish it had a probe, but that's neither here nor there. The chiller was cooling off the water in the coil compartment so fast that it would turn on for a minute and off for 5 and then right back on. I found that increasing the water flow through mine solved this.

Archived