inTank Media Baskets

Mighty Mite RO/DI Question

Cedar

I've been wanted an RO/DI unit for some time now, and I've finally convinced my parents to buy me one. I constantly see references to the Air Water Ice Mighty Mite Unit, and it's just the right size for my drinking and reefing needs. I have a couple of questions first though.

1. My faucet is one of those faucets that attaches to a tube under the sink so you can pull the head out and use it to spray anything within a foot or so of the sink. Can the unit still be plumbed to this sort of faucet? Does it make any difference?

2. I can just plug in, make water, and then un-plug this unit, right? I'm not looking for a permanent unit, just something that's small and portable. I'd love to store it under the sink when I'm not mixing water.

Any other issues or concerns with this unit? It's seems extremely well priced, and I've yet to hear a negative review of it.

1 - I believe it comes with a universal faucet adapter so it should work for yours. You might ahve to unscrew the nozzle part and attach to the hose. I do this with my Python. If not, use it on your bathroom sink.

2 - Yes

FYI - Try the search feature. There are lots of posts about these particular questions and the Mighty Might.

I've got a Mighty Mite. It is AWESOME! TDS of 0 right away! I mounted it out of the way, above the utility sink and below the cabinets in my laundry room.

You can unscrew the faucet adapter when not in use. I leave mine connected all the time - there is a lever on the side of the faucet connector to direct the tap water to the sink or to the Mite.

Archived