ReefCleaners.org

angelacbishop's 5.5 gallons of fun

angelacbishop

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tagged. Update, now! :)

Wow, I've never felt quite this loved by internet reefers. Yay! I can do text updates now but I only have a blackberry for internet access at home because I'm a cheapo. I have to upload photos with my work computer. What do you guys want to know? Gotta keep all these loyal fans happy!

We (I'm speaking on behalf of the loyal fans) want "shock and awe."

Wow, that's going to be tough to pull off with no photos and an empty tank. Let's see...ordered a macro frag pack from reefcleaners and I plan to use some of that in this contest tank. Also Weetie got back to me on values for some of the stuff I want to transfer from my 60 gallon. I probably won't use all of this stuff for the sake of my budget.

-small plate coral, about 1" mostly tan/greenish cast with an orange mouth - $8

-yellow fiji leather about the size of a nickel or quarter - $15 (I paid $10 for it back when it was a little smaller than a nickel)

-daisy polyps on a rock about 3/4"x1" - $10 (I actually just purchased this recently for $10 and I don't think it's grown much

-small photosynthetic gorgonian $5

-1-3 polyp frags of several zoas - $1/polyp (eagle eyes, radioactive dragon eyes, orange mouth/brown skirt, blue mouth/brown skirt, green mouth/brown skirt, maybe a couple others)

-blue tipped acro, paid $15 for 2" frag - just want to use 1/4" piece - $5.

-mini carpet anemone - $8 (this is what I paid someone on the livestock classifieds a couple months ago)-- fine if you can provide a link, otherwise $15

-orange monti cap, 1/2" square piece - $8

-2-3 clove polyps - $4.50 PER POLYP

-neon red mushroom - $10

-Green Striped Mushrooms- $5/each

-Hermits-- $2/each

I'm having thoughts about a macro algae and gorgonian theme with a few corals thrown in here and there...what do you guys think? Sea Life Inc has so many beautiful gorgs!

I like gorgonians....check that, I LOVE gorgonians. Have one myself. So your thinking a little higher flow I take it for them???

What about a small seahorse species as your only inhabitants??? Macro, sea fans, seahorses, sounds like a dream..........

With my filter and powerhead I can get flow up around 90x turnover per hour if need be. I love the seahorse idea but this tank is going to be kept on my desk at work and I don't want to have to deal with feeding live foods. I was thinking a pair of some tiny gobies like masked gobies or trimma.

So I have my entire budget accounted for. This weekend I'm trading in a bunch of my live rock for new rock at the LFS. The stuff I have is covered in green striped mushrooms which would blow the budget completely. Sunday the tank gets set up in my office and I'll snap some pics on Monday when it's all cleared up. Hmmmm...should I let on what my stocking plans are or not?

So I have my entire budget accounted for. This weekend I'm trading in a bunch of my live rock for new rock at the LFS. The stuff I have is covered in green striped mushrooms which would blow the budget completely. Sunday the tank gets set up in my office and I'll snap some pics on Monday when it's all cleared up. Hmmmm...should I let on what my stocking plans are or not?

Abso-frickin-lutely!

Ok, I'll have to do that when I'm at a real computer again. This afternoon I'm off to swap some frags and mushroom rocks with the LFS for some of their super coralline covered LR and I'm pulling some of the established sand bed out of the 12G nano cube I'm breaking down today to sell. I'm think probably just like 1.5" deep will be good for this tank.

Here's my bucket of rocks with a bubbler and heater to hold things over until tomorrow afternoon. I think I have more than enough rock here so I probably won't end up using it all or maybe it will go in the filter/fuge.

100_0340.jpg

Oh and here are some photos of my 60 gallon tank that I'll be taking some of the corals from...I need to work on my photography skills a little as you see. I spent about 4 hours last Sunday rescaping this tank so let me know what you think. Nano tanks are so much easier when it comes to scaping!

FTS

100_0358.jpg

Left Front

100_0361.jpg

Right Front

100_0362.jpg

Left Side

100_0360.jpg

Right Side

100_0359.jpg

Here's the first run on the rock scaping. I want to attach the little pump to the back wall instead of the sides so it doesn't show as much and I am going to pick up a little bit more rock this week too. The thermometer is just in there for a few days until I can see how the temps are running. Right now it's 84 degrees with the lights on so I may need to find a way to raise the light up a couple inches. Filter and pump are both turned up to max power right now which is around 460 GPH...as you can see the stand isn't stirring up so it should work out perfect for some gorgonians and a couple SPS. My rock has 1 hitchhiker green striped mushroom that I am going to have to account for in my budget. There are also tons of sponges and feather dusters which are freebies...yay!

Sorry for the lousy picture. This tank is in my office and my coworkers would have thought I completely flipped my lid if I shut off all my lights for photos. :wacko:

100_2076.jpg

Yay another girl reefer! we are a small group aren't we? girl reefers unite!! lol

looking good! nice aquascape too!

what fishies are you gonna put in..this is my tough choice nice fish less corals or cheap arse fish and moarr corals omgomgomg

nice 60 too check out my 75 ;)

Hey we really need to have a girls only club of the forum or something ;) I'm planning on a pair of masked gobies from Sea Life Inc since that will only run me $20. They have some cute rusty gobies too. Ideally I'd rather have a pair of green banded or trimma gobies but that would probably be more like $50...little fish are so expensive! I'm off to check out your tank threads!

the masked gobies are cool :) I think Lalani has some of those ..i like the red headed gobies, I just gotta see if I can find any around locally, they run $10 when I have seen them

Yay for girls forum :)

what is this tagging! and how do you do it

It's when you mark a thread in some way so that you remember to follow it. I think there are a few ways to do it but I find the easiest way to be clicking the "options" link on the top right of the thread and then choose "track this topic." From there you just pick which way you want notifications to come and click "proceed." You can have it tell you every time someone posts in the thread or you can just recieve a weekly reminder to check it out too. Enjoy!

It's when you mark a thread in some way so that you remember to follow it. I think there are a few ways to do it but I find the easiest way to be clicking the "options" link on the top right of the thread and then choose "track this topic." From there you just pick which way you want notifications to come and click "proceed." You can have it tell you every time someone posts in the thread or you can just recieve a weekly reminder to check it out too. Enjoy!

I have never tagged so many threads at once lol

I'm a tagging fool.

Hehe...I got started with tagging them but then I was getting too many emails so I decided to just check out the links on the first page of the contest thread every day instead!

I'm going to a LFS today on my lunch hour to get a little more rock for my tank and some rubble for the fuge. Also, I managed to get the temp in my tank down to about 81 degrees by removing the heater. I'm still a little concerned about night time temps though once I install my 2x 10 watt halogen submersible light to run on an opposite cycle to my T5 lighting. This tank is already cycled but I don't want to put any livestock in until I can test out the fuge light and make sure nothing is going to roast in there!

I got 3 lbs of rubble over my lunch hour and it came with all sorts of crazy hitchhikers.

2 neon green mushrooms, they are looking like they might be yumas but it's hard to tell since they're half open. I'll be taking these out of my contest tank because I don't want to deal with them in the budget

100_2081.jpg

Starfish, not an asterina(sp?) though I don't think. Off to the ID forum with this guy

100_2078.jpg

mysterious thing that I think is either an anemone or spaghetti worm, I have at least 2 of these:

100_2082.jpg

Archived