Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

lighting over a 40

Cam barr

hey just reseet up my forty gal have the tank cycling and its neering the end have 50 pounds of lr about 60 pounds of sand and im running a bac pac 2r now all we have over the tank now is a 30 watt strip light with a 50/50 tube inside this what i was thinking of doing is getting the 36inch pc retro kit  from hello lights and mounting it into the 36 inch fixture above the tank so then ill have  1 96 watt retro over the tank so i can start sofites and shrooms and stuff like that now after i get the hood built i was thinking or retrofiting another 96 watt pc in the hood so ill have 2 96 watters over my tank for a finished total of 192 watts of pc lighting over my forty gal tank will this be substantiol for lps and softies  and stuff like that

cam

sweet will do ill post some pics soon im getting a new digi cam my grandpa works for kodak he he he

quiksilver5768

I got an idea...why not go with MH? It will give your tank a much better look and since its a 40...heat wont be that big of an issue. I personally lik the look of MH bulbs on the reflection of the water better than any PC bulbs. Also...you could go with a 250 and it wouldnt be that much more than the 96's overall. Just MO:)

woha tahts alot of wattage dam what about 1 96 and 1 175 hailide it is kida my dads tank soo he likes clams but dosent want to do sps he likes lps torch is one of his favs by the time the tank is fully stockedmy dad will prob have a nice slection of softies lps and some nice clams for fish he wants 2 true pircs witch i have an abundent supply of he he one purple fire fish probally a flame angel i kno i kno they can nip at clam mantles and maby a mandrin thoes are his choices of fish i think well be eather buying an aqua fuge or making a 10 gal under tank refugim

cam

Nishant3789

www.petsupplyliquidator.com hads these new awsome super reeef lights. Im pretty sure they have a 3X96 watt. though it may be a little on the $$$ side prob. But it has built in fans too. THey come with bulbs too which i think are Relux but im not sure. hth

nishant

NanoReefer53

wanna buy a dual PFO ballast cheap with 1 6month old 10k bulb ? I might upgrade to HQI so i need to sell this thing.

who makes it and whats the wattage i will soon be buying 1 or 2 more 96 watters to put over my 40 moast likeley 1 more but yea  give me the specks on that ballest

cam

NanoReefer53

make me an offer, i'll think about it.

note: Since i'm only using one bulb, there is only 1 mogul socket. I wired this directly to the ballast instead of paying $20 for the quick connect ones.

sorry but my dad just orderd the other 96 watter he wanted to use the dawn dusk efdfect

thanks for the offer

Archived