Pod Your Reef

new tank started!!

Fishboy20

alright guys and gals, after a month of researching and planning i finally set up my 2.5 gal. i wish i could post some pics, but i dont own a digital camera, so... but take my word for it, its beautiful (well only to me probly just cuz its mine :happy: ) but here are the specs:

2.5g aga

50w mini heater

tiny powerhead (unknown brand or gph)

2x55w PC's (i know, i know, the fixture is way longer than the tank, and it looks retarded, but im cheap and i dont care :P )

4.5 lbs LR

5.5 lbs LS

3 scarlet reef hermits

2 margarita snails

so i think im all set, i have everything worked out except for one remaining question that came up... feeding. im going to have corals, filter feeders, a shrimp and maybe a neon goby if its not too much by the time im done. i have enough lighting for everything photosynthetic but i was thinking marine snow and frozen brine shrimp for everything else (plus dosing supplements as needed). how often should i feed the tank? any other suggestions for food?

You could spread your lights over 2 2.5gallon tanks...

I wouldnt advise on a fish in there either... thatd be like you living in a closet the rest of your life...

Those lights of yours would go very nice over a 10gallon though.

Dude, that is WAY too much light IMO. Lets say you don't fry your tank, bleach you corals, etc. The Evap is going to be insane. Heat. Again, don't but a fish in a 2.5. The only ones Ive seen try it are experts who have other tanks to move them to.

Get a bigger tank, you know you will eventually. This hobby is a drug, you start small but your tolerance builds. (Except ESPI, he has no tolerance, which is good.) Anyway, you just need more, more, MORE!!! :o I went from a 10g to a 125g when I started my freshwater tanks. I'd say keep the 2.5g, get new lights, no fish. Then buy a new tank, use those lights, get a fish! Woo hoo!

Archived