Coral Vue Hydros

Chiller For Bio-Cube

bustaphoto

I finally have my sunpod and all I need to worry about now is how I am going to chill my water. Right now with the stock compacts on my 14g the temps range from 76-80 with the halide on I would imagine it will go way up maybe even 90˚. So I need a chiller I have been looking at the ice probe but very hard to find one in good condition at a reasonable price. I found this on Marine Depot.com from Cool Works called the Microchiller

CW1131_1.jpg

Is it good? Does anyone use it? I think it would be enough to cool down my tank.

I finally have my sunpod and all I need to worry about now is how I am going to chill my water. Right now with the stock compacts on my 14g the temps range from 76-80 with the halide on I would imagine it will go way up maybe even 90˚. So I need a chiller I have been looking at the ice probe but very hard to find one in good condition at a reasonable price. I found this on Marine Depot.com from Cool Works called the Microchiller

CW1131_1.jpg

Is it good? Does anyone use it? I think it would be enough to cool down my tank.

It looks like it just has a giant heatsink on top.

I'm sure it works if heatsinks work for our laptops/desktops in theory it should work for your tank.

Before I purchased my chiller, my 24g NC was running around 78-79 degrees with just a tiny fan blowing on the top of the water (room temp was anywhere from 78-80) and thats with my sunpod 150w running for about 6-7 hours a day.

You might want to google search the chiller and see if it shows posts from other forums with people that may have used this before.

I added a 70w MH to the stock hood of my biocube, as well as an 80mm computer fan blowing down in the back. No temp change at all.

Since you have a sunpod, a small muffin fan on the back would work wonders for the temp. Put it on the same timer as your MH (or your actinics if they are on a separate cord) and you're all set.

Archived