SaltCritters.com

Attaching Overflow Box To Tank

Shadowrider

I'm waiting for the LFS to get all the equipment together so I can set up my new 75gal. I'm hoping he can find a corner overflow box but if not I'll just use the standard setup. What will work best to attach the over flow box to the glass inside the tank? It will be a new tank and new box.

from what I understand silicon is the way to go. From what I understand a glass overflow inside the overflow box helps with preventing leaks.

from what I understand silicon is the way to go. From what I understand a glass overflow inside the overflow box helps with preventing leaks.

Thanks for the info. I reckon there must be a certain type of silicon and I've not heard of a glass overflow inside another overflow.

I assume from your address that you're in the AF? Gonna hang around long enough to retire? I spent 24 years in a blue suit and the retirement income is pretty nice to have.

Just your standard aquarium safe silicon. IIRC you want the one that doesn't prevent mildew. The last time I was at Lowes they carried "aquarium" silicon as well in little and large tubes.

I read about the glass overflow in one larger 40B tank threads. It seems that Oceanic does this on their Tech series tanks. The silicon holds better to the glass than the plastic overflow so it's supposed to help prevent leaks.

I'm just over half-way there now with Tech on to boot. My enlistments up at the 12 year mark. I want to stay in and do my 20+, but leadership is going stupid again so...

Just your standard aquarium safe silicon. IIRC you want the one that doesn't prevent mildew. The last time I was at Lowes they carried "aquarium" silicon as well in little and large tubes.

I read about the glass overflow in one larger 40B tank threads. It seems that Oceanic does this on their Tech series tanks. The silicon holds better to the glass than the plastic overflow so it's supposed to help prevent leaks.

I'm just over half-way there now with Tech on to boot. My enlistments up at the 12 year mark. I want to stay in and do my 20+, but leadership is going stupid again so...

I retired from the AF 30 years ago and went to work for Walco Int. After 24 years with Walco I retired completely and am now enjoying the fruits of my labors. Over the years I've talked with lots of people who all wished they had stayed in till retirement. Believe me the retired pay and medical benefits will be worth a lot when you get older and are fully retired.

Archived