Innovative Marine Aquariums

RO/DI Unit

Like_O_Like_H_In_Your_Gut

Like_O_Like_H_In_Your_Gut
Is this an RO/DI or just RO unit? Looks to be an RO unit only.

Yea, I am not having the greatest luck finding RO/DI because I live in Calgary canada and I just want a used one. Would just an RO unit compromise the tank?

I think an RO unit will certainly provide better water than your local tap water, but not as good as the addition of the DI unit. Usually the DI filter is an add-on filter. If you can, see if this unit is capable of supporting a DI filter. You might call Sears. If you're determined to go RO/DI, I've seen a number of positive feedbacks for Buckeye Field Supply or Air, Water and Ice. I don't know if they sell to Canada, but they are reputable suppliers to the hobby.

I think the bottom line is, if this unit is what you're looking for, I think it would provide better quality water than tap. I'm sure many reefers use RO water with good results.

Best of luck to you!

I say get a 5 or 6 stage on Ebay around $100-$150. 3 reasons, an Ebay unit will,

1:do a better job,

2: will be cheaper.

3: will have more standard/interchangeable parts. You won't have to buy replacement parts/filters from the same company.

I say get a 5 or 6 stage on Ebay around $100-$150. 3 reasons, an Ebay unit will,

1:do a better job,

2: will be cheaper.

3: will have more standard/interchangeable parts. You won't have to buy replacement parts/filters from the same company.

When you say that the ebay models have interchangeable parts, does that mean they all have standard fittings?

When you say that the ebay models have interchangeable parts, does that mean they all have standard fittings?

Standard fittings, housings, hoses, filters ect.

Archived