Pod Your Reef

nano calcium reactor

bodythief

someone on here is using one, but I dont remember who. Why not just dose 2-part or get dosing pumps for the 2-part. It would be cheaper then seting up a Cal reactor

someone on here is using one, but I dont remember who. Why not just dose 2-part or get dosing pumps for the 2-part. It would be cheaper then seting up a Cal reactor

im dosing two part right now but i always forget one day. do it for a few days in a row then forget a few days in a row. etc. i figure a calcium reactor will help keep things a little more stable. i dont really have anywhere i can keep the pumps higher than the tank with a doser. plus after searching for that aqua via. it might be around the same price if not a little cheaper to set up the aqua via compared to a nice doser set up.

im dosing two part right now but i always forget one day. do it for a few days in a row then forget a few days in a row. etc. i figure a calcium reactor will help keep things a little more stable. i dont really have anywhere i can keep the pumps higher than the tank with a doser. plus after searching for that aqua via. it might be around the same price if not a little cheaper to set up the aqua via compared to a nice doser set up.

The aquavia is a crap calcium reactor. I had 2 of them and both of the pumps died on them. Ill have to give them 2 thumbs down.

The aquavia is a crap calcium reactor. I had 2 of them and both of the pumps died on them. Ill have to give them 2 thumbs down.

Nooo........dont tell me that lol are the pumps easy to replace could you replace the pump with maybe a micro jet or something. when the pumps were working was it doing a good job?What kind of media was you running? could that have caused the pumps to crap out?

Nooo........dont tell me that lol are the pumps easy to replace could you replace the pump with maybe a micro jet or something. when the pumps were working was it doing a good job?What kind of media was you running? could that have caused the pumps to crap out?

Sorry but its the truth. The pump is the internal pump and if you want it replaced you have to ship it to california for repairs (totally not worth it IMO). I was using ARM media.. The type of media reefers typically use for calcium reactors. I think the pumps are just cheap and wear out after running for awhile.

Archived