ReefCleaners.org

R/O System.

j0dy77

Can anyone reccomend a good R/O system? I have seen a million out there and have no clue between the difference. Is DI a necessity when buyin a system? Would it be better buying a name brand like Kenmore for the ease of part replacement or will they all be pretty much the same? Thanks.

Most RO systems use the same filters. I would get the DI with it, you will be glad you did later. You can always get a DI add on later if you can't afford it now.

I would also get a bigger holding tank for it, depending how much water you will use.

Mine only holds 3.2 gallons. With 3 reef tanks I have to stock up on water for the weekly water changes and daily water top off.

I got my RO system from Pure Water Planet. Very good quality, easy to set up. It's a five stage 50gpd no D/I. I will be geting the DI soon.

D/I is really the very last part of the purification process. It removes almost everything the R/O couldn't get out. Phosphate is one of those that usually can still pass through the regular R/O system.

You don't need one but it will be nice to have later on.

You will have to change the D/I membrane alot more to keep the purifying quality up. Don't get a seperate unit that uses copper to purify the water.

Archived