Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jamie's 5.5

Jamie

Okay, this morning hen the lights came on the acan had a lot of amphipods on it, but it doesn't look significantly worse than it did yesterday, just a tiny bit more tissue loss. I'll pick up the iodine after school today and hopefully get it on it's way to recovery.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, got the lugols and dipped the coral. I can't tell if it's doing any better yet, but it didn't look too bad before the dip, so I think it might recover! I couldn't get it off the rock, so I just took everything else off the rock, then dipped it (not the hole rock, I just held it so only the acan and about 2 inches of rock around it were in the iodine). Dipped for approximately three minutes, following instructions on the box for concentration (40 drops/gallon). Counted 13 amphipods, 5 bristle worms, and one brittle star in the bucket after the dip, and that was only a tiny bit of the rock! Hopefully it'll get better now!

Thanks everyone!

That goby is awesome! I think your acan will pull thru :D

I hope so. It looks about the same today, maybe a tiny bit worse. There were no amphipods on it this morning, I guess that's a good sign?

If you see the Acan put out feeder tentacles, it should make it.

And def. feed it if it does, it will recover more quickly.

I think it has a decent chance.

Nice Pix Jamie! I need to figure out the macro setting on my camera one of these dayz :D

Thanks! I would recommend trying out a lens extender, if you haven't and don't already have a macro lens. I use one, and it's a much cheaper alternative to macro lens. Do it!

If you see the Acan put out feeder tentacles, it should make it.

And def. feed it if it does, it will recover more quickly.

I think it has a decent chance.

Have not seen any tentacles yet, but I'm hoping! I am worried that if I feed it, things will tear it apart to get to the food inside, I've had this happen before with anemones. The scavengers in this tank are so voracious, it makes me worried! I'll definitely feed it if I get the chance though, it definitely needs some nourishment. The acan is about the same right now though, no change for the worse or the better. I guess that's a good thing. :unsure:

1 month FTS!

DSC_0239-1.jpg

(I stole my mom's lens for the pic, as you may know, I broke my own)

You can see a bit of a rearangement. I moved some corals during the acan issue. He seems to be doing a little better. Just a little puffier today than he has been.

Closer up view of new coral placement

DSC_0242-1.jpg

Also, got my anemone shrimp! :happydance: No pics yet, he's hiding, but he's really cool.

Weetie - I'm not sure where it came from, my lfs just ordered it for me. It's a pacific species, but I haven't identified it much further than that. Periclimenes something... :P

Great coral placement Jamie! looks nice and clean

Thanks! Hopefully it will grow out well, cause I have no money left! :o

Archived