inTank Media Baskets

What size hole drilled for 3/4" Bulkhead

P-DUBS

I would buy the hardware first. I have used 2 different bulkheads that are the same size, but need different sized holes. In fact, you should always buy ALL OF YOUR HARDWARE first, from the bulkhead to the sump (or wherever else you may be going with it). You will want to make sure that your bulkhead will fit with your plumbing before drilling your tank.

I learned this the hard way. So hopefully this will help.

I would buy the hardware first. I have used 2 different bulkheads that are the same size, but need different sized holes. In fact, you should always buy ALL OF YOUR HARDWARE first, from the bulkhead to the sump (or wherever else you may be going with it). You will want to make sure that your bulkhead will fit with your plumbing before drilling your tank.

I learned this the hard way. So hopefully this will help.

I am waiting on my hardware in the mail. I am not drilling my glass either. It is for a AIO Acrlyic overflow/fuge/return for my 20L Build.

I guess I should just wait anyway.

Thanks

Depends on whether you go with a normal bulkhead or a heavy duty schedule 80 type bulkhead. The latter requires a larger hole, but most "normal" 3/4" bulkheads require a 38 mm or 1 1/2" hole. Depending on where you by the bulkhead from, it should tell you the hole size required.

Depends on whether you go with a normal bulkhead or a heavy duty schedule 80 type bulkhead. The latter requires a larger hole, but most "normal" 3/4" bulkheads require a 38 mm or 1 1/2" hole. Depending on where you by the bulkhead from, it should tell you the hole size required.

Thanks, I ordered a "Standard" 3/4" Bulkhead from aquariumspecialty.com, And it says needs 1 1/2" hole I just wanted to asked my fellow reefers what they think.

Quick question. Can you buy a bulkhead at HD?

I went there and searched their plumbing section for like a half hour to no avail could i find one. The HD employee didn't even know what it was.

Quick question. Can you buy a bulkhead at HD?

Yes you can, go to the swamp cooler section. They are for the drain on the bottom of the swampys. But they are a seasonal item.

Archived