SaltCritters.com

Tunze 6025 doesn't always start......

nanoty

Hey guys, I bought this thing used so I don't know how old it is but when I turn on the feed mode on my tank it stops both of my Tunze 6025s for 2 minutes. One always comes back on right away but the other doesn't most of the time. I unplug and plug it back in a few times and that usually takes care of it but now it's not doing anything. I can't really complain to Tunze since I'm not the original owner and don't know the age but does anyone have any hints?

I agree with biblesue. I had to take mine apart and sometimes a tiny pebble would be in there. Once it was gone, it worked again.

Also, it couldn't hurt to get in touch with Roger Vitko at TUNZE USA. Their customer service is excellent!

+1 at Roger. He sent a replacement C clamp for my Tunze I bought used-no questions asked. It came UPS of FedEx instead of snail mail! Great customer service.

Hey guys, I bought this thing used so I don't know how old it is but when I turn on the feed mode on my tank it stops both of my Tunze 6025s for 2 minutes. One always comes back on right away but the other doesn't most of the time. I unplug and plug it back in a few times and that usually takes care of it but now it's not doing anything. I can't really complain to Tunze since I'm not the original owner and don't know the age but does anyone have any hints?

You can still give Tunze a shot. I purchased a used skimmer awhile back knowing up front it did not work. I thought I could either fix or DIY something out of it. Well, to make a rather long story short, after contacting Roger on the Tunze forum on RC I was sent new replacement parts no charge. I even told him I bought the skimmer used. He went by the serial numbers and said the unit is still under warranty.

Defiantly give him a shout. He was VERY helpful and generous with his time.

HTH,

Once again, lots of posts while I was posting! LOL sorry nanoty. But see, they did it too! Give him a shout!

Thanks guys, it actually came on by itself about 10 minutes after I plugged it in and left it. I think I am going to take it apart and clean it well, then if it still does the same thing I will give them a ring. I am not one to try to take advantage of someone, if I can fix this I will. Kudos to them for having great customer service, that is all I hear about them.

Thanks guys, it actually came on by itself about 10 minutes after I plugged it in and left it. I think I am going to take it apart and clean it well, then if it still does the same thing I will give them a ring. I am not one to try to take advantage of someone, if I can fix this I will. Kudos to them for having great customer service, that is all I hear about them.

I hear you there. I was not looking to get over either. He asked "are you sure its not under warranty?"

I explained that I purchased it used and didn't think any warranty would be transferred.

He said, "sent it to me". A few days later I received a package with all the required parts, no charge.

They just really stand behind their products.

But, please , let us know how you make out with the cleaning won't you?

same here!i just poke the empeller with stick and works again.if blows backward i just put my palm infront of the powerhead.hope that helps.

Well I've got the PH apart but while I had it taken down I thought about modding it for more flow. Not sure how many people are familiar with it but I was just going to cut down the shroud inside. I checked the thread on RC but there is so much info on so many different models I get confused (that happens a lot). I was just worried about impeller stability without it. Any help?

My clips for the front broke & the whole thing fell off while I was in Maine. The whole impeller was exposed. It did fine like that for several weeks.

then how were you going to pay for the 1260 if i didnt buy it?!

I was going to sell some blood. I could probably scrounge up $60, wife might miss $300............

My clips for the front broke & the whole thing fell off while I was in Maine. The whole impeller was exposed. It did fine like that for several weeks.

Thanks, I actually cut slits in the shroud to help the flow instead of completely removing it like in the original mod but I can't tell much of a difference between it and my unmodded one. I will probably take it back out and completely mod it tomorrow.

its fine with out the inside shroud... i have it done on mine it puts out a good amount of flow with no problems on start up... i read on that thread actually that the only diffrence between the 6025 and the 6045 is there is no shroud in the 45

• 1 month later...
its fine with out the inside shroud... i have it done on mine it puts out a good amount of flow with no problems on start up... i read on that thread actually that the only diffrence between the 6025 and the 6045 is there is no shroud in the 45

I am looking at buying a 6025 used but it is modded and blows water like no tomorrow in my AP24. SPS likes it though. Anyway, you guys think Roger at Tunze can send me a replacement shroud to (un mod) it? Thanks.

Archived