Innovative Marine Aquariums

REEF CRYSTALS are Good! Seachem Calcium Test is NOT!

Japsican

WOOHOO! Glad to hear the mystery is solved!

Just for the record....

Yeah, thanks for your help...I took your advice and went with the API...I like the API way more than the Seachem...The API is pretty much K.I.S.S.

Marc

I wonder how accurate the API is. I have a new API and a new Salifert. I usually get a difference of about 90 ppm between the two. API being higher.

I wonder how accurate the API is. I have a new API and a new Salifert. I usually get a difference of about 90 ppm between the two. API being higher.

When did you stop dripping the Salifert? At the first sign of color change or when the color change stopped?

API are known for being pretty darn close.

I dont know about the accuracy, but I use to use the seachem a lot when I first set up my tank and it seemed to be reading pretty accurate...The only reason it started raising eyebrows now is because I was testing new water with salts that were suppose to have a lot of calcium and it was showing very low numbers. 440ppm for the H2Ocean seems to be pretty accurate...I think they state that H2Ocean should contain between 420-460ppm???

I dont know about the accuracy, but I use to use the seachem a lot when I first set up my tank and it seemed to be reading pretty accurate...The only reason it started raising eyebrows now is because I was testing new water with salts that were suppose to have a lot of calcium and it was showing very low numbers. 440ppm for the H2Ocean seems to be pretty accurate...I think they state that H2Ocean should contain between 420-460ppm???

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1287118

Archived