Coral Vue Hydros

Not Enough Flow??

ucsd reefer

I'm currently running the AQ300 HOB as my fuge w/ a AQ150 impeller. Anyhow, I was wondering if there is a problem w/ too low of flow. It seems like I'm beginning to grow a bit of cyano in my HOB. Which is most likely due to the low flow. I've also noticed some hair algae growin in w/ my macroalgae. Not sure if this is a good or bad sign. But I think its good since its better then that algae populating my tank :P

ELGORDOINAVW

i think that hair algae in your fuge is good, can't really tell you about the flow since i don't know if your tank i 1 gal or 300. post some tank specs- cheers

Here's the specs:

AGA 7 minibow

13lbs LR

1-1.5" LS

About 2" LS in the Fuge w/ 3 small pieces of LR.

Can't think of any other specs to include right now...lemme know if anything is missing.

I'm running a aq300 on my eclipse 6 with the aq150 propellor and haven't had any problems for a month...it also has a 2 inch LS and 2 small pieces of LR...and a handful of macroalgea ( i think its brillo)....

Cyano may be a problem with lighting, or normal tank cycling. There are always going to be dead-flow spaces in a refugium unless it's almost empty. Try using Ultralife's "Red Slime Remover"

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp...dproduct=UL1311

This stuff works really well. After the 2nd or 3rd dose all the cyano disappears, and I've never seen any effect on other life in the tank (including LPS, SPS, 'pods, softies)

Archived