inTank Media Baskets

Who wants to see more of Cajastan's goodies??

jojopus

So...... in a post by Crakeur last month in this very forum I jokingly asked if caja would hook me up with some of the 'goodies' she had sent him. She responded by saying 'awww, next time jojo'.... Of course i assumed that she was being friendly and joking around with me. Well, After a few PM's and some chit chat in the chat room I found out she was not joking at all, much to my delight. To make a long story short she ended up sending a honkload of great stuff to me and at her expense no less, which, by the way I will repay in kind in any way possible be it with frags or whatever..... The stuff was well packed, albiet the 2 bags with rock in them had been punctured, but hell, when you stick a rock in a plastic bag whether its double bagged or not its more than likely gonna get a hole in it at one point or another due to rough handling by the shippers. Anyways all in all she sent me 4 bags of great stuff including 1 rock with assorted zoos and 2 mushrooms, 1 big rock totally covered by Zoanthus Sociatus (which im only babysitting BTW), 1 frag of Anthelia with about 10 polyps, 1 beautiful green Rhodactis and 1 loose striped mushroom.

Bottom line: As a trader i definitely give Cajastan a big A+++. If you have a chance to deal with her i highly recommend it. Whether it be to just chat in the chatroom or to arrange some trading or get some friendly advice. She is tops in my book! Thanks Caj.

below ill post some pics of the goodies. the only one i didnt get a photo of was the striped mushroom. he escaped the confines of my rubber band and drifted to the back of the tank....caj an I call him the 'wanderer'.

Heres the Anthelia (theyre not fully open yet but theyre getting there)

Wow jojo! :blush: Thank you! That rhodactis looks awesome. Since I sent you that stuff my other one has now split....way cool! The anthelia is still looking kinda stressed, but my parent clump is about 95% back to normal. If you can get that zoo rock back to normal, consider it yours. Thanks again jojo!

Oy ve caj, thanks. I wub you. BTW that anthelia is gettin better everyday. Itll probably be back to normal in another 3 or 4 I would say.

Originally posted by jojopus

Too true Adin. She is a nano-reef.com treasure.

national treasure jojo.

I got into her box last night. Wasn't as wet as last time and the box had more room in it. she's getting practice apparently.

She passed along some shrooms, star polyps, hammer (might not live) and a tri-color ric that lost some color in the box and is now an amazing mix of orange and lime green. the color will return now that it is sitting under the halides but it will still be a nice mix of colors.

Caja, when your tank is ready, I'm sending whatever you want back, along with some other goodies. My packing abilities aren't as good as yours but I'll do my best to keep the corals wet and the box dry.

no pics ohio. I have decided to forgo pics for a few months at the very least. seems to me that every time I post pics and get those "looking good crak" messages, all hell breaks loose and those photos become a memorial to the dead. I cleaned out all my old 7 gallon pics, the 180 pics and my 26 gallon shots two nights ago. Depressing as hell.

okay, lemme ask you something then. does the ricordea she sent you look like what i call a rhodactis (in the above pic) or is it different?

thanks sea. they have all been deleted. no need to see what I lost.

jojo, she sent me a couple of the shrooms like the pic you posted and one ricordia that is neon lime green in the center with a light orange outside and a slightly purple shade in between. Similar to the rics I have posted before only much more electric in color, thanks to the lack of light in the box for 24 or so hours.

• 4 weeks later...

Heres a couple of pictures from today of the Anthelia and the Zoanthus caj sent me a month ago. All the critters she sent me are doing great.

that's a big zoo colony. Keep an eye on the anthelia. caja sent me a small (couple inches at most) chunk of it and it now takes up a solid 6 inches across and 4 inches wide.

Heres the striated mushroom that i finally got to stay in one place. my emerald crab likes to hide in the hole behind it...... you can see him sticking out on the upper left of the shroom :)

Archived