Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sapphire Skimmers

Sapphire Aquatics

Sapphire Aquatics

Just a few more loose ends to tie up and we should be shipping out the first run of skimmers this week or the next. Some new features, miniature thumb screw gate valve, custom injection molded pinwheel impellers, Sicce pumps, CNC machining, and almost all of the skimmers will now be recirculating as a standard feature. No more adjusting of the collection cup. You just need to dial in the gate valve and forget it. We are adding a few new skimmers to the line up as well, Current Solana, Red Sea Max, and our own glass tanks will be ready in the next couple of weeks. Two sizes, 14x16x14, 3/16" glass, and 24x16x14, 1/4" glass. Square tanks with polished glass, PVC bottom, back and false wall, more on that later....

Here are a couple of pictures from the show. This is the NC24R, also fits the Aquapod. Same as always, no modifications needed to the tank or hood, it just drops right in.

post-22369-1220800152_thumb.jpg

post-22369-1220800164_thumb.jpg

Sapphire Aquatics

And the BC29R for all of you Biocube owners. There will be a few changes on the production models, but I don't want to give too much away just yet!

post-22369-1220800740_thumb.jpg

post-22369-1220800752_thumb.jpg

Glad to see Sapphire back in production. Will we be able to buy the custom injection molded pinwheel impellers for the older Sapphire Skimmers? I need 1 for NC12 and 2 for NC24.

Sapphire Aquatics

SPerry - Thanks, it's nice to be back in it. I am working on the NC12, BC14 model impellers now. Controlling flow rate is crucial in such a small skimmer and finding the balance to pull air down through the water column and not allow any microbubbles to escape is challenging to say the least.

By the way, the BC29R skimmer pictured above was in a three gallon display with a couple of cups of skimmate from another vendor selling coral at the show. The fellas from Nano Customs tossed it in there to see how long it would take for the skimmer to pull it all out. This picture was taken about two hours after they put it in. I will get some pictures posted with it in a nano and a normal bio-load. This was just to see the efficiency of the skimmer!

Sapphire Aquatics

A couple of shots five minutes after installing the skimmer in our office nano. This is the NC24R. I'll post some shots of the skimmate produced tomorrow.

post-22369-1221092441_thumb.jpg

post-22369-1221092503_thumb.jpg

A couple of shots five minutes after installing the skimmer in our office nano. This is the NC24R. I'll post some shots of the skimmate produced tomorrow.

Any idea when the skimmer for the NanoCube 12g will be ready?

Which chamber of the NC24 does this fit? will it fit chamber 1 (the intake chamber)?

Good to see you back Kyle! I've been a loyal Sapphire Aquatics customer since the beginning, I have version 1.0, and version 2.0 (the recirculating model) for my BC29, and still using it! Before you stopped production, you were working on getting a patent for a new impeller that was going to offer improved performance. Will the new impeller still be available?

Thanks

Just a few more loose ends to tie up and we should be shipping out the first run of skimmers this week or the next. Some new features, miniature thumb screw gate valve, custom injection molded pinwheel impellers, Sicce pumps, CNC machining, and almost all of the skimmers will now be recirculating as a standard feature. No more adjusting of the collection cup. You just need to dial in the gate valve and forget it. We are adding a few new skimmers to the line up as well, Current Solana, Red Sea Max, and our own glass tanks will be ready in the next couple of weeks. Two sizes, 14x16x14, 3/16" glass, and 24x16x14, 1/4" glass. Square tanks with polished glass, PVC bottom, back and false wall, more on that later....

Here are a couple of pictures from the show. This is the NC24R, also fits the Aquapod. Same as always, no modifications needed to the tank or hood, it just drops right in.

Any chance it would be possible to put a NC24 skimmer in the 1st chamber of the biocube 29??? I would like to keep the 2nd chamber a fuge and put a skimmer in the 1st chamber. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Any chance it would be possible to put a NC24 skimmer in the 1st chamber of the biocube 29??? I would like to keep the 2nd chamber a fuge and put a skimmer in the 1st chamber. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

While I don't know the dimensions of the new skimmer for the BC29, it does look narrower than the last model Kyle made. See post #2 above for pics, it looks like it might fit. Kyle will have to chime in to let you know for sure.

Archived