Cultivated Reef

wiring

leaky

for the 55w all-glass hoods, what kind of wire do i need to extend the endcaps??? I took the wire into home depot and they said they do not sell it there, does it matter if it is stranded or solid? could i use a thicker gauge wire?.....(home depot canada)....

all you would need to do is extend the wires from the endcaps to the ballast. would go with stranded wires, just connect them using wire caps.

Just FYI, I use the same rated wires as what was on the factory wires. they are rated for-- 600v , 105 c . the only difference is that the new wire is stranded but will do just as good as the solid wire.  I would not try any different rating than this, especially a "lower" voltage or/and temperature rating, "could" burn your house down....

(Edited by leaky at 12:17 pm on June 25, 2002)

Just FYI, I use the same rated wires as what was on the factory wires. they are rated for-- 600v , 105?c . the only difference is that the new wire is stranded but will do just as good as the solid wire.  I would not try any different rating than this, especially a "lower" voltage or/and temperature rating, "could" burn your house down....

Archived