Pod Your Reef

My first 10Gal Tank Build

usairforcepilot

Well, after sitting here for a while, you guys got me questioning my eyes. LOL! So I fired up the bulb again and took another pic, this time of what it was lighting instead of the bulb. ;)

Nice crisp white!

CIMG1213.jpg

Anyone have any feedback/suggestions on a canopy/base ideas?

Or any good looking wood combos?

I have a canopy I made for a 10g tank, look in the classifieds, it has pics too!

Ty, the Walnut is the dark wood I already have (freebie for you), the maple is the ply we already cut (again freebie for you or we can buy solid maple), and mahogany looks like this...

02017462-lg.jpg

Not a freebie... LOL!

Anyone else have some great wood/combo's??? Pics would be great to help visualize... Also, if anyone has a cool concept for a base/canopy, please post pics. :D

Got a 20k bulb off ebay for 4.99 and it arrived yesterday. Stoked to see how it looks on the tank! Now we just have to decide on a design and material... Anyone care to post suggestions?

• 1 month later...
usairforcepilot

aight so i wen to calvins house and built the canopy of the tank with the MH and fired it up.

my comps not working right so i cant put pics on but i will shortly

• 4 weeks later...

nice build you have here!

i know you've chosen bare wood already ( with stain possibly ), but have you thought of just wrapping plywood with metal looking covers they now put on furniture. i forgot what you call them but it will make it modern looking, ie if you want a modern look.

btw, where did you get that metal halide retro, links would be helpful.

Archived