ReefCleaners.org

Mighty Might RO unit

lilredneckman

lilredneckman

Well i have had my unit for a few days now but i just finally had the time to get it all hooked up and running. I see that there is a pretty good amount of waste water coming out compared to the "clean" water. But overall it looks like it is going to work out great!

Is their anything you all use the "waste water" for besides the laundry and watering plants?

lilredneckman

Well i just took a look at it and it appears that the fitting connected to the sink but it looks like the fitting is leaking water and their is a little bit of water spraying from the top. I barely have the faucet on and it still sprays water...Has anyone else had this problem?

I was just doing to some research on this... Don't know about the "spray" from the faucet.. might need to replace the gasket (or check to see if there is one)..

I was also reading that there is a lot of waste water when the membranes are new... gets better as it goes along..

keep us posted

lilredneckman

Well i got it all sorted out and it is working great now. The connector piece connected to the faucet is just very sensitive and it took a little while to get it working properly. It was producing tons of waste water yesterday compared to today so i am very glad about that. Using the waste water for the laundry really works out well.

Well i got it all sorted out and it is working great now. The connector piece connected to the faucet is just very sensitive and it took a little while to get it working properly. It was producing tons of waste water yesterday compared to today so i am very glad about that. Using the waste water for the laundry really works out well.

Thanks for emailing me that pictures... I just placed my order for one...

Most RO units have a 3:1 or 4:1 waste to good water ratio.

dtfleming,

So that 3 or 4 gallons wasted?

lilredneckman

Yeah a TDS meter would help. I just take mine to the LFS and he will measure my TDS for me so there was no point really in spending that extra money i dont have right now.

Archived