Top Shelf Aquatics

Cloudy Water RSM

markpospisil

I woke up this morning to find my tank very couldy..water readings are stable as usual, I added some more cleaners yesterday. so Know I have

4 blue leg - tiny

2 red leg - smallish

6Ceriths

4Neserite(SP?)

3 Mexican Turbos

I am running a stock system with Chemi Pure, no bio-balls, no flos(As per local Reef Shop - also a sponsor here).

Any suggestions...I will do a 30-50% water change asap to help with the issue and vacuum some crud build-up from the substrate.

The Propagator

Don't change that much water at one time.

If you feel the need to do a 15% change today and a 15% change tomorrow.

Put the floss back in and watch your cloudy water problem disappear.

The Propagator

Something just stirred some stuff up in the substrate then more than likely.

Any fish ?

Do you have and macro algae in your tank ?

No Macro Yet...Chaeto???

My local Reef Shop said its not really worth it, I'm not running a Refigium(or whatever their called), he said it need to be in a high flow area...I have posted a thread about placing some in the rear chamber with a customized light source....Do you have an RSM?

The idea was to put the chaeto in the spot immediately after the skimmer, with a high intentsity LED light above it...or in a submerged container with holes in it(Liek a soap dish) near one of my Korlians so that the flow would draw water the chaeto and it could stay out of reach of my crabs.

I've also been thinking about how I may be able to incorperate mangroves as they too have been recommended, I am thinking of fabricating a little clip to attach to the rear of the tank which would hold the mangroves below the surface except for the very top and keep them trimmed to that level, that way they get light and there is a little flow.

The Propagator

Stop listening to your LFS.

Your no where near ready for an anemone yet brother.

Macro algae goes in low flow areas, Mangroves would take up your entire filtration chamber.

Archived