SaltCritters.com

AquaController Feed Timers

definitemaybe

definitemaybe

I just got my controller in yesterday and got it all programmed up but I just don't understand the feed timers and can't seem to get them to work. I was hoping one of the other Aquacontroller owners could explain it to me.

I don't have my program in front of me so I tried to make a snippet from memory.

OSC 010/010 ON/OFF Then PM1 ON

OSC 010/010 ON/OFF Then PM2 OFF

If FeedA 000 Then PM1 OFF

If FeedA 000 Then PM2 OFF

This means when I enable Feed A then those items should shut off for the setup feed a interval, right? What happens if you change the 000 to like 005? How do I get this feed timer to work? My code lines are practically identical to the example and when I select feed A it pauses for a second then I never see the pumps shut off on the display.

Thanks in advance.

Dustin

masterbuilder

To activate the feed timer...touch the down button. Do not touch select even though it seems like you should. To cancel the feed timer early...touch the select button. Remember, if you havent already done it, you have to set the feed cycle length on the feed cycle menu.

Changing the 000 to 005 makes the selected equipment continue for 5 minutes AFTER the programed feed cycle has ended. Its used on someting like a skimmer, too keep it off for some length of time after your feed cycle gas ended.

Cool hint...the feed cycle B can be programed for things like a water change... its turns off pumps/skimmer/heater/etc. while you do the water change and everything will come back on when the time is up or you hit the select button.

definitemaybe
To activate the feed timer...touch the down button. Do not touch select even though it seems like you should. To cancel the feed timer early...touch the select button. Remember, if you havent already done it, you have to set the feed cycle length on the feed cycle menu.

Changing the 000 to 005 makes the selected equipment continue for 5 minutes AFTER the programed feed cycle has ended. Its used on someting like a skimmer, too keep it off for some length of time after your feed cycle gas ended.

Cool hint...the feed cycle B can be programed for things like a water change... its turns off pumps/skimmer/heater/etc. while you do the water change and everything will come back on when the time is up or you hit the select button.

Thanks man. That is exactly what I needed to know, I'll test it tonight. I kept hitting down then select on the correct feed mode.

I'll have to setup the other feed modes for maintenance.

• 1 month later...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I've had the ACJr for two weeks going ..."the dang feed cycle doesn't work"

Luckily I don't have any fish yet, so I wasn't stressing it too much. But I was trying to give my peppermint shrimp pellets the other day thinking "dang, it would be good if this feed cycle thing worked"

Thanks for the claification!

I just got home with 5 gal of salt water, looks like I'll be setting up feed mode D for a water change!

The feed cycle took me a while to figure out too! Initially I set the 'IF FEED A..." to like 240 and wondered why my pumps would stay off for so long. :lol: Then I read back about the time delay of after the cycle ends and was then doing :slap: to myself...

masterbuilder

I think we should donate $1 to Neptune for a "WRITE A FRICKIN MANUAL" fund. I love my aquacontroller and cant imagine living without it, good company and good customer service. But come on...the instruction manual is beyond awful. The one included with mine was so old it doesnt even address the Feed A, B, etc.

Here's how I use my feed cycle.

I just turn my return pump off, and turn it back on when the fish are done feeding. It's pretty simple to just control it manually.

I guess it helps that the only source of water circulation in my tank is a vortech. It has a very easy feed mode that I enable when I turn off the return pump. The whole process takes all of 10 seconds.

For me I have it shut off both my skimmer and my main return pump. My K-2 and chiller pump i could care less about them running during feeding as neither will cause circulation from the rear chambers to the display to occur by themselves.

Archived