Innovative Marine Aquariums

!HELP!

oceanahollic

I have a 24 gal aqauapod and my haitian anemone dissapeared and i moved a rock he was on over by the filter grates and i noticed him sucked half way in through the grates. i turned on a flashlight and he is puffed up kinda on the inside and i hope he finds his way back to the tank but i dont know/ :o what do i do any suggestions welcome. thank you.

I have a 24 gal aqauapod and my haitian anemone dissapeared and i moved a rock he was on over by the filter grates and i noticed him sucked half way in through the grates. i turned on a flashlight and he is puffed up kinda on the inside and i hope he finds his way back to the tank but i dont know/ :o what do i do any suggestions welcome. thank you.

He may be alright. Condys can shrink to impossibly small sizes. Mine squeezed himself through some really small holes before he finally settled.

condisqueezeMedium.jpg

--bubbles

is he stuck in the filter grate intake or just wedged in a tight spot somewhere?

if he's just in a tight spot try letting him find his way back out. you might have to help if he doesn't come out after a while but give it a chance (few days).

if he's caught in a filter intake, you'll have to very gently get it out while submerged. rubbing the opposite side with an ice cube will induce it to pull back gently by itself. you don't want to actually pull it because its tissues aren't strong enough to take a lot of tugging. it definitely won't survive that out of the water (no hydro-support).

afterwards, cover the intake with a foam sponge or similar to prevent it from getting stuck again.

I couldn't believe it he was stuck in the filter grills, like five of them on one side and, well, it was a disgusting mess. but this morning he finally was on one side only the wrong side of course, at the bottom. this afternoon hes up top but still on the wrong side. just dont want to risk damaging the foot by prying him off. He's sooooo close just needs to be on the right side now and he looks just fine amazingly enough :) . i noticed after i brought back a peppermint shrimp and a candy cane coral frag for 10 bucks. i got credit on a purple nudibranch slug they sold me that died just yesterday. which i thought was pretty cool. they still are trying to sell 2 to some unsuspecting people. :angry:

Archived