inTank Media Baskets

flow for 30g long sps

itzclayyo

hey, im planning on a 30g long sps/mixed reef tank. right now alls i have is a koralia 1 and nano which i know isnt enough. i plan on getting a k3 soon as well from someone on here and he also has a k4 for sale to. Would a k1 and k3 be enough or should i get both the k3 and 4. thanks.

i would put two moded MJ1200 with the sureflow upgrade its like 1600-2000gph and i think they are on sale at dr fosters and smith

just looked, i would love to do that if i already had the maxi jets, but glenn (oops!!) is selling his koralias for alot cheaper.

Stephen-in-Va

I use 3 maxi-jet (2 with rotating deflectors) 1200's and a maxi jet 900. I also get about 285 gph from my sump return and 125 from my fluval. So I'm up to around 1500 gph in my 30 gallon SPS/mixed tank. Everyone that sees it always comments on how much turbulence there is on the surface. I'm thinking about ditching a maxi-jet 1200 and 900 and adding 2 of the 400 gph hydors for a broader flow. Everything seem happy at the moment however. Except for a mushroom rock that's getting a bit too much flow.

I hope you're planning on going bare bottom if you want both the K3 and K4. 30L's are only 12" tall, right? I have the K4 currently running in a holding tank that's full of about 50 lbs of LR and that thing is really moving some water. I think in such a shallow tank you could easily get away with a K3 and a K2. I know that doesn't really help my sale much, but I really think the 3 and 4 are too much.

I hope you're planning on going bare bottom if you want both the K3 and K4. 30L's are only 12" tall, right? I have the K4 currently running in a holding tank that's full of about 50 lbs of LR and that thing is really moving some water. I think in such a shallow tank you could easily get away with a K3 and a K2. I know that doesn't really help my sale much, but I really think the 3 and 4 are too much.

yea i wasnt planning on a 4, but i really would like to save the money and try to work with a k3 and 1 since i already have the 1. sent you a pm also, and its not bare bottom, about 1.5 inch of sand

Archived