inTank Media Baskets

My New Tank - 35 litre Jebo 338

JimmyA

nice looking tank...what is the lighting in there.

i would change the rock formation, for a better aquascape, you have some nice pieces in there. in picture 19, what is that a tarantula......:D also the crushed coral, i would change to sand, eventually if you keep any fish the shiz and algae will brown it all up and will be difficult to remove, unless you tend to it regularly. but love the tank, looks like a via aqua i once had.

Hey

Unfortunately I think the lights are going to be my downfall. They came with the tank and are 2 x 8w Flouro tubes. Nothing special.

I know these lights are going to limit the kind of things I can keep in the tank, but without making major changes to the tank (which I'm not comfortable doing yet) there isnt much I can do about it.

Am already thinking about changing the rocks, problem is, there is so little room it seems like no matter which way i put them they are always really precariously balanced.

That little crab dude came as a total surprise to me, as did a little brittle starfish that tagged along too.

I think I'll wait and see with the sand. I may even end up getting some live sand (if I can source some) which should help the tank get established too - problem is, where do you find it? Here in Adelaide, stuff like that is either hard to come by, or too damn expensive.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.

Cheers

J

you could just order like 3lbs of live sand online and 'sprinkle' it on top, and eventually it will turn all the sand 'live' same with rock if that is dead/bass rock.

And as you stated, the lights have to go, If you get like 32watts that tank would look good, you need 50/50's or 10,000K and actinic so it will be balanced. and how many gallons is that tank, more or less light would be good if its smaller or larger than I thought it was (7g?) if its a 10G get around 60watts because your tank looks 'tall' opposed to long. Like a cube.

Good luck, the rocks are a small problem, but you could always break them with a hammer and a large nail or chissle so they 'fit' better.

Archived