Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Calcium to high

petkingdom619

The Propagator
alright its about a foot off of the top of the tank now. hopefully It gets better.

( It should. Shade your War coral. It doesn't need a lot of light but it needs fed about twice a week with small meaty food stuffs. Treat it like a chalice. They need partial shade- to full shade at times under halide to retain color.)

my skimmer is foaming up to the top of the box but not into the container yet. ill wait and see.

( It'll get there. Its just the break in period. My Remora took almost two weeks to stop over skimming and make foam. The reason they need a break in period is manufacturing oils, oils from fingers during manufcturing, cleaning agents.. what ever.. need to work ithere way off. The stuff they use is suppose dot be aquarium safe but I alway rinse new skimmer soff in a vinegar / water solution before I use them )

a few side questions:

I had a cleaner shrimp and a pistol shrimp die this summer, while everything else was fine, temps and params were normal.What could have been the issue?

( Did you test for copper ? Did you feed them? Any thing els ein the tank with them in the way of fish? If so what were they ?)

(what would a good t5 setup be on a 20 gallon prop tank? 2-4 bulb set up.)

lastly what lights are used on 5 gallon for softies? it has a hood with a compact flourescent but like the household kind.

(Compact florescent tubes in 50/50. 13 watters in sets of 2 and 4 are commonl yused but I think you can fit 27 watters ? )

Archived