inTank Media Baskets

My 6 gallon SPS/Clam/Other Tank

wombat

Hi All,

Here's my tank. 6 gallon eclipse, 65W LOA PC bulb, and a 13W actinic. There are some Acros, Monti, Poci, an open brain, some maximas and a squamosa clam. Hope you like!

Im guessing you have a lid huh?

I had a yasha too but that sucker had to go and find the half inch gap near the side of my tank.

Anyway the tank looks great =). Do you have any shots from above?

Kalanianaole

Thank you for having a good looking Eclipse 6. All these rad Minibows make me mildly insecure about my own 6. Can you post some more macro shots of the SPS?

How much/what are you dosing for the clams? I just got a squammy two days ago and would like some advice.

Last, where on earth did you get that goby? (Yasha?) Dustin's no liar. That thing is dope. Superdope.

There is a lot more info here http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26657 , if you're interested. You have to be logged in to view pics. The yasha was from www.liveaquaria.com for about $50. www.themarinecenter.com can get them as well, for a similar price. $200 is WAY too much.

I've had the corals/clams under these lights for around 4-5 months. The clams have all added shell, and the corals have all grown, especially the monti.

A maxima clam that is 1-2" across doesn't have nearly the same light requirements as a larger clam. This is why my maximas are growing under a 65W PC. Keep in mind they are only about 6" from the bulb, and the largest one is only about 1" away from the bulb.

hey wombat cool tank, can you pos pics of your lighting setup??? thanks i'm just curious how well everything does under that loa setup

Archived