Coral Vue Hydros

Sticking LR together?

Beholder

Hi all,

Is there anything that you use to stick LR together? A mate is thinking of making a cave with it, and would like it to be more "permanent" then simply balancing on top. The one idea we had was to use Silicon, but that won't stick wet things, so have to dry the rock out?

Thanks

There are some reef safe apoxies and there is always super glue, but you want to get the gel version, that'll bond underwater, worked for me.

Peace

Edge

BH... If you're going to be jamming LR together definitley go with the epoxy method. It will be much stabler than a few dollops of superglue, gel or not. LR is crumbly and the SG won't hold up as well.

For the epoxy you can grab some up at WallyWorld or something. Just be sure it is a marine safe variety. It should say so on the labe if it is. Don't trust the dweeb in the blue vest on that either. Read it then believe it.

You may also want to check out a few of the sponsors here as well and other outlets. There are types of reef epoxy which simulate pink corralline algae so the mess you make with it kind of blends in with the tank and doesn't stand out like Fly using cash in the grocery line.

I'ved used epoxy many times and it's great. The other thing I've done (which may or may not be possible depending on the rock) is drill some holes through the rock, where you'd want them to connect roughly, and tie strap them together. I've done this many times w/ great success and the best part in my opionion is that they can still be tweaked a bit and you can change the setup easily.

Cameron

Archived