Coral Vue Hydros

Reef only, no fish, inverts?

Phish

I was planning my reef, because it is still cycling, and I started researching fish, and I realized that I dont really like the one exceptable in my tank.

My tank.

10G

11lbs LR

20lbs LS

aquaclear for flow/carbon (when needed)

I would like to know what kind of a clean up crew you would need for this???

I was thinking like;

5 snails (cerith maybe?)

4 Blue legged hermits (maybe 3)

1 pepermint shrimp

would this be ok, or is it too much???

I'll repost my response in the invert forum...

You could always put in a neon goby, good cleaners. Add some more snails of different types... cerith's are great, so are nass's (not turbo's, too big)... maybe ten more and you'll be in business.

I really don't like pepermint shrimp as they're too unpredictable, see if you can't catch a deal on a skunk cleaner instead... I just picked one up for around 14 dollars and a cool little invert. Three hermits will be plenty if you pick up some nass snails too.

Thanks for the reply's, I didnt know you would need that many clean up critters without fish. I was thinking of a blenny, or maybe a jawfish, but I think I'll just concentrate on the reef, and after its established I will maybe get a fish or two. I like the bicolor's though.

But for now, I do want a cool shrimp, I wanted it to be the main 'animal' in the tank (besides coral) so what would be a good looking, interesting shrimp or crab that would be fun to watch, but after some time, could either live with fish, or sell back to LFS.

I think a Skunk Cleaner is a better option. I had a Peppermint that liked to eat softies. My skunk will climb on my hand when its in the tank, and other than walking on stuff, does no real damage. They are tough and typically not very shy. Pepps are off my reef friendly list.

Archived