Top Shelf Aquatics

watchman goby problems

drsmallwood

I added a watchman goby to my 10 gal. He is the first and only fish. At first I could located him hiding in the back of the tank. Three days later I was unable to locate him. In the 5 days since I have not seen scale nor gill of the little guy.

So we named him Houdini.

I have check the floor to see if he jumped out of the tiny hole for the electrical cord of the heater. It is a Via Aqua hood and very tight.

Finally my questions... How/What do I feed Houdini? More importantly if he gets hungry will he show himself before he starts floating? Do you think an emrald crab could have already devoured him?

I have plenty of pods in the tank to eat. Also this is an office tank so I am limited on watching for him at night.

Thanks in advance,

Daivd Smallwood

I feed mine flakes or pellets. He doesn't go out very far to eat, so i have to try to get the food as close to him as i can. That could be a problem if you don't know where he is. The pods should keep him alive for a while. Hope he's ok.

Mine eats mysis shrimp and enriched brine. No luck with flake food. He'll come out every once in a while, but mainly when I put his food in. HTH

My watchman is extrememly shy and rarley ventures far from his cave, which is unfortunately in the back of the tank. Mine will eat flake and frozen formula one.

Archived