Coral Vue Hydros

Crime in my tank!!!

newbiefishgirl

newbiefishgirl

Well over the last two days I have noticed some crime in my tank and I wanted to know if its normal or not. My largest blue leg hermit had gotten one more snail who sadly feel prey from the glass. :( *sniff Sniff* I guess at that point the Coral banded felt as angry as I did, and took it upon himself to eat the large blue leg... I believe he walked around all day with the little legs still hanging out of his mouth!:x

What the heck is going on here!!!!! Is this normal. I mean I saw the blue legs attack snails before... but the CB has never bothers anything. Am I not feeding him enough? I feed him one pellet a day...

Thanks for any suggestions as to whats going on.:*(

ELGORDOINAVW

if you keep the hermits fed well they will not go after the snails, same thing for the the cb, i feed mine formula 1 & 2 about 1/2 a gumdrop twice a week. i just press it into the live rock so they have to search for it.

i agree with gordo, when easy prey (i.e. flake/pellet food) is unavailable crustys will go after bigger and better dishes. the omnivore in them comes out full bore. cleaner shrimp will rip into clams or even attack fish. never trust an elf, um, i mean crustacean.

newbiefishgirl

Well there were two empty's, I guess they want more snells to inhabit. I am making a trip to the Lfs this week for test kits, will need to get some more snails. I guess I can swing by walmart and get some more shells of diffrent sizes.

i would ditch the cb shrimp...they r mean, the one that i had took my fish and clung on to it...once i saw that he went right back to the lfs and got pep shrimp, or you could get a cleaner shrimp

No offence newbiefishgirl. But you do not listen to ppl who try to help you. Your Coral banded did what it did? What a surprise! Your blues are killing your snail? Gee, who would of thunk it. You don't listen to anyone. Look at your fish selection. 2 fish that do not do well on there own. You are a selfish hobbyist. You do not care about your inhabs happiness or health. I only feel sorry for your fish. FW tanks are very rewarding, I suggest you invest in that. I think that is so great you are now investing in test kits AFTER you need them. Don't you see? You bought fish before test kits. Wonderful.

Insert funny photo here.

newbiefishgirl

You have some serious problems. My clown is fine. My Purple firefish is fine! I have two snails unharmed. As I have been told it is normal for crabs to attack! And what the hell do you know about what test kits I have. DO you not ever have to replace your test kits???????? because I do. I have almost all the test kits aside from the phospate one! Why don't you do me the favor of not responding to my posts. I have not done any harm to my fish! My water parameters are excellent! I have even rid the tank of cyno growth almost completely. I test every other day, I do water changes every week... go find someone else to bully!

It is strange that you find proper husbandry "bullying". There is a difference between doing what you CAN and what you SHOULD. Keeping something alive and keeping it happy and thriving are two different things. If you want a shrimp there are ones that you do not have to worry about. There are less aggresive hermies than blue leg. Do you post here so ppl can kiss your A* and tell youu the mistakes you make are fine? Or to get advice? Why should I waste my time helping someone like you out? You listen to no one and will do what you want anyway. But whatever, what do i know? You with your vast experience you must be right.

I like Aquarium concepts on Aurora. Blue Sierra is good for selection but pricey. I don't like Salt water city or The fish store. Sadly I have to go there for my salt though.

Check out Below Sea Level In the U Distric not big but very good prices on Softies. Where is Aquarium concepts on Aurora? is it past Shoreline??

Archived