ReefCleaners.org

Sump noob, Overflow noob.... LF: help.

Rakie

hello all !

I've got a 1 7/8" hole in the side of my tank. The overflow is in the top right corner, it's a 4" cube, hole is in the glass, right side.

SO... This tank is oddly shaped, 36x10x15, it's only 23 or so gallons, I was looking to put a 20H or 29g sump with it...

So what do I need ? I have no idea what to do and could use a full on step by step. All my nano's have been tiny until this one, so never had an overflow.

ATM the tank is up with water in it, beginning to cycle... it's just not filled up enough to Overflow :D :D

Id like to do this on the cheap naturally, it's for a prop tank. If there is no way to do this pretty cheap then i'll just forget about it and seal off the overflow.

Thanks all.

A sump, and a pump. Also enough tubing (or PVC pipe) to connect both a drain and a return. It all depends on the hole/bulkhead and the pump what size to get.

dsoz

i think you can do a 10g sump unless you have a bigger skimmer. Whatever the case just go get some glass cut to fit insided the to-be sump, some silicon and place the baffles how you would like them. Then plumb it all together and there you go. You'll need a pump, i would say 600gph or less depending on the size of the bulkhead.

It all depends on the hole/bulkhead and the pump what size to get.

dsoz

lol, thats exactly my problem haha.

Thanks for Melevsreef I'm looking at that now !

Archived