SaltCritters.com

Replacement fan for ice probe?

mannyp1313

Hi all,

I have an ice probe like this one on my tank:

IPACwithPCTEC1_small.jpg

My problem is that the fan is just too darn noisy. Has anyone ever replaced the fan on one of these? What size fan/displacement/db should I get?

Hi all,

I have an ice probe like this one on my tank:

IPACwithPCTEC1_small.jpg

My problem is that the fan is just too darn noisy. Has anyone ever replaced the fan on one of these? What size fan/displacement/db should I get?

It should be a common PC fan. Measure the outside (in mm) and look on Newegg for sme new fans. Anything under 27db should be almost silent. Quieter fans tend to move less air though, meaning that your iceprobe may overheat if you get a fan that move too little air. See if you can get the part number off the fan and do a search for it's datasheet to see it's performance. Compare that with one you are looking at.

It should be a common PC fan. Measure the outside (in mm) and look on Newegg for sme new fans. Anything under 27db should be almost silent. Quieter fans tend to move less air though, meaning that your iceprobe may overheat if you get a fan that move too little air. See if you can get the part number off the fan and do a search for it's datasheet to see it's performance. Compare that with one you are looking at.

Will do. THANKS!

Archived