Cultivated Reef

LTT: Orange Monti cap

crollison

Yes im looking to trade off a frag of orange monti cap. It is a really fast grower! In the picture it is the lower frag it is about 2-3" wide and 3ish" long. Under MH the orange is much more shocking, but the pic is under VHO's. Im looking for locals only im in south orange county and am a member of both SCMAS & MASLAC. I would like to trade for cool looking zoos, i dont need a huge piece just 10 or so polyps or Ricordea Yuma or Carribbean, orange is a priority. PM or email me

Thanks

Curt

San juan eh? Cool. I am in lake forest, but grew up in dana point. I may be interested in the monti cap. I have some pink centered zoos I would be willing to frag and trade.

This is a photo I took of them earlier today. I don't have a frag ready, but could cut some of these off easily.

082503zoos2.jpg

Gil

Hey I was looking at your website, very nice by the way, and I saw some zoos that i would love to trade for. Those orange ones are really cool. Let me know if you have a frag of that.

Curt,

It would take a while to prepare a frag of those, as they are all on my main rockwork. I could put a small rock in the middle of them however, and they would surely grow up onto it. Probably not going to be soon enough though, so of course if you get other offers that you like please by all means no hard feelings!

What type of tank/s do you have? If you would like, I could come by and take some reef shots for you sometime since you are so local. I really enjoy getting nice reef photography, and have shot up quite a few local reefers tanks. Some have even hung my photography on the wall.

Talk to you soon Curt,

Gil

Hey Gil,

If you could throw a rock in the zoo's it would be great. I could always just trade you for some of my differnt zoo's as of now i have 13 differnt colors and am in continual search for more.

As of my tanks I have a 125g reef, 20g zoo reef, and a 8g nano that is been in lowmatinace but will soon be truned into an aneamone and clown tank.

Heres a link to some shots of my 125:

http://community.webshots.com/user/chris_rollison

Are you a member of SCMAS? If not you really should sign up we do bi-annual tank tours where im sure you could get lots of great tank shots.

Let me know what zoos you have for trade at the moment. Also I notice that you get alot of stuff from the logical reef, is the shipping expensive? Also maybe we could do a buy together to save on shipping.

I will try to get a photobook of my zoo tank up soon.

Curt

Curt,

Nice man. I wanna come take pics of your tanks! I am not a member of SCMAS, but I have met some of the members, and taken pics of some members tanks. (Sharkdude, Anthony812, ProjectReef, Fridmani) Most of our frags have come from local reefers.

Unfortunately with my schedule the way it is, I have yet to make a meeting. Friday nights are a very bad for me since I am usually doing band stuff on weekend nights.

As far as ordering from TheLogicalReef, I have gotten some of our zoos from Bryan (www.thelogicalreef.com) and some from Anthony (www.aquadesignz.com), and the rest from other local reefers. I believe Bryan is doing flat rate shipping now, but I could be wrong on that. When I oredered from Bryan, I was part of a group buy with people here on N-R.com. I could see about trying to organize another group by in N-R chat and see if anyone is interested.

Talk to you soon man,

Gil

crollison,

Do you mount those verticlely and then score them? They tend to really start to grow like made when you do that.

(wish I had something to trade, but it will be a few months I think.. PLEASE post again if you have some more frags available later in the year)

~V

Yes i mount them vertically, but I am unfamiliar with the tern scoring. When the mother colony in my 125g needs a pruning there will be frags again.

crollison,

If you take a small frag of Montipora capricornis, and then score (small cuts) the back of it with a razor blade. It will calcify and start to grow new branches from the scores.

Just a thought.

~V

Archived