Coral Vue Hydros

This is probably a stupid ????

Chrash236

Ok OK OKK, I know this has been answered millions of times but........ What would cause a small film of green dust on the glass? The water is fine and the temp, chemicals, ect are fine its just every night I have to take a sponge and clean the glass its like dust!! It comes right off and makes the water a little cloudy for about ten-min then its fine, but the next day its back. What is it and what can I put in the tank to get rid of it. I have six snails, 5 blue legs, 1 emerald crab, as a clean up crew.

I have no hair algae (knock, Knock)

But what would cause green dust????

I am just starting to get coraline algae to grow on the glass really good.

The tank has been up for about 1.5 months

It's algae. Very normal but I've gotta ask what kinda water are you using (bottled, tap, ro,di) and how many hours a day do you leave your lights on for? I just figured I'd check. Like I said it's normal but if your using tap water or leaving the lights on more tha 12 hours a day you could be causing more algae than you should have.

Cameron

I am using LFS water which is RO/DI water.

My light 96w CL stays on 14 hours a day, I will cut it back to 11 hours today.

But what kind of algea is it I run the lights on my fish only tank 14 to 15 hours a day and I have never gotten it.

In the 10g I also feet DT's

But what kind of algea is it I run the lights on my fish only tank 14 to 15 hours a day and I have never gotten it.
Huh!?!?!

Kennard has a good point so if you have had anything die recently that will not help the algae issue.

Cameron

Physh1- yes I know it is excessive but the fish only tank is fish only and I like the light to be on when I get up in the morning and to go off after I go to bed.

The nano is now set on a ten hour cycle so ten on during the day and 14 off.

Also I had this algae problem before the anenome die.

Well, algeas do feed off of nutrients in the system. You may not have shown much on your tests as the algea may be aiding in the absorption of these nutrients. This is why folks (like myself) use the ecosystem method of nutrient export through macro algae growth. Given that, your system may be in balance, but just due to the needs of this algae. It's also the reason that some people actually experience a sudden dissapearance of nuisance algae when the system uses them up before the algae can get to them, thereby snuffing the bad stuff. As Caj said, get a magnet cleaner. I was away for 3 days and found my glass coated with a thin layer of the "dusty-stuff". Just part of the whole maintenance thing.

Gotta be custom man... and I just finished the stand and I am changing my mind on the 10g those mesurements give me 20g and more room, look at the help me build a sump post and you will see. Also I want to have custom drain holes put in for the sump and the return.

Archived