inTank Media Baskets

Small powerhead

GioReef

What is a good powerhead for mixing sw? I only need to mix 2-3 gallons at a time so a small one will do good. Right now i am currently using an airstone but that isnt the best. I was thinking of a mini-jet, the ones that are controllable gph but i think the price is insanely high for the pump.

Thanks

The mini-jets do work great for mixing SW. I've got a bunch that I use, which came free in buckets of Reef Crystals back in the day. I don't think that they give these away anymore though :(

air stones don't mix...

i used to use a maxijet 600, but now i use that and a modified 900. leave it over night with a heater in there, and presto! perfectly mixed saltwater in the morning.

Tim

Well the airstone is big and so moves the water a lot but doesnt "mix" it. For $12 i could get a aquaclear powerhead,tho.. any other ph that are cheap and work?

I use a maxi-jet 900 or 1200 (whichever I happen to grab first) along with a heater in a 5g bucket. Works fine even when mixing 2-3 gallons.

I use a odyssea. Cheap and do the job. Takes no time at all for my 5g mixes.

Altho you'll have to pay shipping unless you have a LFS that sells them (mine does). so might be better off what your LFS has.

Well i wanted to replace my stock pump and put a maxi. I was gonna use the spare. But i decided to not....So i will get the cheapest at the lfs...which i think is either aquaclear or marineland...

Well i wanted to replace my stock pump and put a maxi. I was gonna use the spare. But i decided to not....So i will get the cheapest at the lfs...which i think is either aquaclear or marineland...

Why did you decide not to? Sounds like the best thing you can do. Keep the wooden spoons for cake mix.

Archived