Cultivated Reef

AC Jr. Temperature Probe

Break

I just installed my AC Jr. and I will say, it is freakin' sweet. However, the reading I'm getting with the temp probe seems incorrect. Both my heater and my chiller say the waters at 79 degrees however the AC Jr. insists that it is only at 77.7 degrees. I know they calibrate these at the factory, but I've heard a few reports of people receiving ones calibrated incorrectly. When this happens Posiedon says to just use the temp adjust feature in the temp setup menu.

I'll pick up a glass thermometer and double check the temperatures within the next few days. But until then, what are your guys' thoughts on the matter?

glass thermometer then if that says 79 adjust the temp probe to 79. Just disable all the temp features till you double check.

Yeah, that's exactly what my plan is as of now.

Also, I've noticed that a DC8 by itself is $150. However, AquaController Jr with Serial Port, Temp Probe & DC8 is only $219.

What the hell? I want another DC8 so I might as well buy it with the controller and then just sell the controller right? I doubt anyone would buy it without a DC8 though...

Or I could just get a few of these I guess. However, "Both outlets are controlled by the same channel and cannot be operated independent of one another." That kind of defeats the purpose...

According to my cheap ass walmart glass aquarium thermometer mine is off by about 1.5 deg. I wonder which one is more trustworthy, lol.

I know what you mean about the DC8. I kept seeing people sell the controllers for reasonable prices but buying the DC8 would have made it more than the package was new. I think that is where all these "NIB" controllers that are on the market are coming from.

According to my cheap ass walmart glass aquarium thermometer mine is off by about 1.5 deg. I wonder which one is more trustworthy, lol.

I know what you mean about the DC8. I kept seeing people sell the controllers for reasonable prices but buying the DC8 would have made it more than the package was new. I think that is where all these "NIB" controllers that are on the market are coming from.

Well both my chiller and my heater agreed with the glass thermometer. So I adjusted the AC Jr. It's common for them to be calibrated incorrectly. It even talks about in the manual how you can offset it to make it "agree" with another temperature reading. They should have just said you can "correct" it.

Well both my chiller and my heater agreed with the glass thermometer. So I adjusted the AC Jr. It's common for them to be calibrated incorrectly.

I suppose 1.5 isn't much of a difference anyways so I suppose I'll go with the glass thermo. I'll get another one to check it to make sure later.

Archived