SaltCritters.com

this enough light for a 10g?

beefjerky402

beefjerky402

i want to start nano reefing right and get the right equipment the first time. i was looking at the custom sea life powercompact w/ moonlite for $123. it is 2x40w, 1 10,000k & 1 ultra-actinic bulbs. will this be enough to handle anything and everything that i might want to be able to put into the tank later? or do you guys have any recommendations?

What size tank? Also, if you wanna keep SPS and or clams chances are that will not be enough light. If you wanna keep anything and everything you will wanna be looking at metal halide ideally but w/o knowing the size tank you have it's hard to recommend a specific setup.

Cameron

beefjerky402

its a 10g glass tank, 20x13x12. right now i cant afford to spend 300+ on a mh setup. but i'd be interested in hearing how much light i would need to support everything i could possibly throw in the tank.

Hehehehe....sorry bout that. I miss those thread headers:D.

If you went with pc's you'd probably wnat double what your mentioning. If you browse the classifieds here and on RC you could set yourself up w/ a nice halide system for less that 300. Heck, I just sold a 150w HQI hanging setup on here for $180 which would have been great for you. Keep your eyes open and you can find some great deals.

Cameron

If you want to keep SPS and clams you should upgrade to MH. Of course there are exception and some have been successful using just PC light.

Like Physh1 said, you can find some good deals. I just bought 150W DE MH + 32W PC combo hood for $170 from the classified section on this board.

Archived