Pod Your Reef

sick? true percula in 10g

donteatthenano

donteatthenano

my tank was set up on august 2nd, 2003. the tank cycled, clean-up crew was added, and then frags and fish were added. everything seemed fine until this weekend. my true percula clownfish has been hiding regularly and seems to be shedding. it doesn't seem to be effecting his eating habits, but he does seem a bit self-conscious. the water parameters are fine and were checked before my last water change, yesterday. i think i'll be doing my next water change earlier than planned. i'll try to post pictures later, if i can get any good ones. in the mean time, does anyone have an idea on what this condition might be and how it might be treated? thanks.

Do a search on Freshwater dips/baths. I've never done one but I had a perc die on me once and a few people told me that I should have done a freshwater dip. Also I had a false perc so make sure you can dip a true perc before trying this

You may wanna do that FW bath like caesar said and I may even add some Myacin or Erythromycin in the water to help. I

ve usually done this in 10 gallon tanks for a few minuted twice a day. W/in 2-3 days the infection usually had cleared for me but it depends on how sick the fish is.

Cameron

Archived