Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Calcium Levels

syaeger

I've been using Kent Tech CB, Parts A & B, for the past three weeks. The highest calcium levels have been 320. After I do my weekly 10% water change, it goes down to 240 - 260. I've been using the safe max daily dosage allowed, 3.75 ml.

Is there another calcium supplement, you recommend, that will raise my levels faster, so I can reach the recommended 400 - 450 ppm?

Tank Specs:

10 Gal

Aquatec 5-15 HOB Filter

Penguin 550 PH

50 W Ebo-Jager Heater

Coralife 96 W PC Quad Unit

10 lbs LR

Live Sand/DSB

Water Param:

Temp: 80F

SG: 1.025

PH: 8.2

AM: 0

NI: 0

NA: 0

CA: 260

Livestock:

1 Ocellaris Clownfish

1 Bicolor Pseudochromis

1 Cleaner Shrimp

1 Red-Spotted Star Fish

1 Red-leg Hermit

1 Blue-leg Hermit

8 Astrea Snails

2 Bumble Bee Snails

2 Emerald Crabs

1 Mangrove Clam

1 Flame Scallop

Pipe Organ Coral

Red Mushroom Coral

Horn Coral

Button Polyps

I use Reef Adavantage Calcium by Seachem. I use the powder but the liquid works too.

With your A&B now how much are you dosing and does increasing the dose have any affect? You didn't mention anythinng about this so I'm curious how much your using.

Cameron

You can bump up and lower A&B doses as needed. In many cases the "baseline" will make alk high and ca low or vise versa so adjustments will be needed on each part to compensate.

You can change to something better IMO like the Seachem stuff. Also, I'd curious if it's just the calcium that is low? Waht about your alk level and magnesium if your testing them? You probably just need to increase that dose a bit to help if everything else is ok.

Originally posted by Physh1

Waht about your alk level and magnesium if your testing them?

Yep, check your Mg... If Magnesium is low then it will make it hard to raise Ca levels.

-skeletor-

Archived