Innovative Marine Aquariums

Running carbon in Aquaclear

tskinner2002

tskinner2002

I just picked up an Aquaclear filter so I could run some carbon and other types of media down the road. I'm going to start with carbon to try and clear up my water first. Should I use all the 3 types of media that come with the filter(sponge,carbon,biomax) or should I just use carbon and filter floss. And what order should I stack them in the filter? I'm going to run perigen and chemipure later, just need to find get my hands on it all first.

I don't use any of them. I modded both of mine into fuges for my tanks. I only use carbon when I need to clear up my water & then only for a day. I don't use the other 2 additives even on my prop tank.

tskinner2002

Well my water is pretty bad so I'm gonna run the carbon for awhile to see if it helps. I currently have it stacked bottom to top(sponge,carbon, filter floss). Should I remove the sponge? How often should I change out the carbon?

Looks good! Is that a Jager heater, b/c I have one, and you might want to check the instructions, b/c that is not a fully submersible heater!

Archived