hi i have a 20 gallon high with 20 lbs of live rock and 20 lbs of live sand

the tank has been setup up now for almost 2 months

livestock is 20 clownfish and a pistol watchman pair

i have 2 20 gallon powerheads

1 20 gallon tetra filter

and a seaclone 150 skimmer

i have 2 different lights 1 is 36 watts the other is 65 watts both are pc

i have zoas

all my fish and corals are thriving but the tank looks cloudy there are tiny bubbles floating i think that they are comeing from the skimmer i dont know how to stop it though

nitrate and nitrite are at 0

the gravity is 1.023

any ideas?

thanks

how often do you do water changes? The seaclone is a pretty bad skimmer, but most reef tanks are not 100% bubble free from skimming. When you have a hang on unit it will dump bubbles directly into the tank. Users of the Remora nano use a piece of fiberglass to break up the bubbles before they enter the tank.

So is the water cloudy or just full of bubbles?

You can also try running a product called chemi pure in your filter, it really does make the water look crystal clear.

clownfish617

i do 2 gallon water changes every weekend its really bubbly my mom wont let me get a sump because i quote "you spend to much money on those stupid fish" how could i put plexiglass to slow down the bubbles use them as baffles?

:lol: thats funny!

I believe they use fiberglass to break up the bubbles. You may want to do a search for "seaclone" here for some ideas. I will do some research for you in a bit, or some other memebers will chime in, there is a solution.

clownfish617

yeah i but it makes me mad she doesnt know what it even doesok i will search for seclone here and see. i was also thinking tised of running it as a skimmer and just do more water changes i could put filter floss carbon and the chemipure?

thanks for the fast response

I notice your PM as well so I will respond there too.

You could easily go without a skimmer on that small of a tank. Water changes and the addition of chemi pure will be just fine.

The seaclone is a pretty bad skimmer as I have said so I don't even know how much you are collecting anyways besides micro bubbles.

Do you have it adjusted correctly? Kind of a hard thing with that skimmer :D

also, how old is the skimmer? There is a break in period

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question, for your livestock it says you have 20 clown fish in a 20 gallon is that right or is that just a typo?

Btw I also have a Seaclone 100 it worked pretty well at first, but then for some reason after 3 weeks it started shooting out crazy amounts of microbubbles into the tank out of no where. So I tightened the valve to not let any air into the pump and then after about 10 minutes opened it again and it's been fine ever since with little to no microbubbles and a decent amount of skimmate.

The Propagator

Egkid you beat me to it.. :D

I sure hope thats a type-o other wise there is your answer.

You know you can use polyester fiber pad found at wallmart in the crafts section for $3.98 ( for roughly 3 yards) and cut it to fit your filter. It will filter out stuff as small as 5 microns if you double it up. I use it on all my wet dry filters.

It will definitely help clear up any cloudyness.

Just trash the seaclone and buy CRP back pack.

Twice the skimmer same size, easier to adjust, more available accessories, and replacement parts as well.

Archived