Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Remora Nano hangong on my fuge... or a Tunze 9002 in it?

ihooklow

I was thinking about adding a Remora Nano to my 10g refugium/sump. Will the fact that my water level in the refuguium is several inches below the lip of the sump where the Remora Nano will hang hurt / impede its performance? Or is tank level relatively insignificant? Is there a limit to how much lower the water level can be (provided the MJ pump is submerged)?

I read the Remora user's manual and it didn't say anything about water level - just that the pump was fully submerged.

Another option is the Tunze 9002 in the sump. Will the lower water level affect performance?

I am not asking for a comparison between the two - just how the water level will affect their performance if at all.

Thanks in advance,

- Michael.

It wont make a difference, but you may get a little splashing and increased evaporation if the level is too much lower.

You could always make a "slide" out of acrylic, and glue it to the output off the remora, so the water would not "water fall" back into the fuge.

The remora is a better skimmer BTW, I you werent asking lol.

The manual says optimum is to have the pump 1 1/2 inches under the surface. The lip is what it hangs on. It comes with tubing to connect the pump. So therefore it may be adjusted. The return lip will actually extend down past the lip of the tank (or fuge I guess) like almost two inches.

The water level will make no difference with the remora, which is nice. I've used their full-size remora model before and I loved it. I now have a nano that I plan to put into use soon.

Archived