Cultivated Reef

what corals can i keep in a 20H with 2X65w?

blk_g20

i have a deep sand bed and the top of sand is about 12" away from the light. what corals can i keep with this setup? i also have about 40lb of LR if that makes any difference. thanks in advance.

You've got 130 W of light, I'd think you could keep most soft corals. Just put them on your rock, closer to the surface of the water.

V

great, what kind of corals can i get that would let my two new percs host in? my tank probably is not yet stable enough to add anemones, but are my lights sufficient to keep a BTA?

technoshaman

You could also easily keep some of the digitate montiporas and a few of the plating ones. You could even keep some of the hardier acroporas but color and growth will both likely be ho hum.

I would not mix sps and softies in a tank that small personally but you could get away with it with some planning and regular maintenance.

You could easily do a BTA under that light but they still can get fairly large and again mixing anemones with corals in a small tank is not the best for a happy tank IMO. Maybe one of the giant fuzzy mushrooms (not an elephant ear/Amplexidiscus fenaster?) or the aforementioned xenia would be a good choice.

Archived