SaltCritters.com

suitable sump

vangvace

So I really want to add a sump to my nano tank. The problem is that my stand won't fit a standard size tank larger than a 5 gallon inside of it. angry.gif Found it out after I bought a 10g and did a "test fit" under my stand. I could've sworn that 10g tanks were small enough.

The stand itself has a 17"x15" interior footprint to work withand the doors aren't an issue to get the sump in and out.

Worst case scenario right now would be an old salt bucket converted, but then I lose the 'fuge capability.

I'm thinking a custom acrylic "box" might end up being the route I have to go but...

Can anyone think of something else I could use for a sump?

if you have the tools...go DIY. homedepot 1/4 acrylic is cheap and wont warp as much with all the baffles inside. eps the tank of your size

hmmm... I have DIY a box before so I think I could do another one. plus my lfs carries weldon cheap. The only thing I think I'm missing might be a second square. well time to use that crazy search tool. :lol:

I see my wife sending me to the couch soon.

So I called the local acrylic place and they wanted $176 for a 15" cube. Poor lady couldn't understand me through my laughing after she told me.

the usplastic link has some potential. ty. I also have a lead on a ten gallon tube at the bx but I need to measure it before I get my hopes up.

Archived