Coral Vue Hydros

Octopuss Gardens San Diego

MrKrispy

sup,

I just got back from Octopuss gardens in Clairemont. They are re-modeling still and having a 50% sale on the corals. There aren't a lot left but anyone looking for some might want to check it out.

It is on Raytheon road in the back of an office building. Raytheon road runs perpendicular to Mercury and Convoy.

The owner was really nice, very helpful, likes to talk. I needed a couple of scarlet hermits (Aquatic Warehouse hasn't had any in a while) and some snails. The guy went over all the different snails (I have read a lot but haven't seen to many since my edumacation) for me. So yah, small place, nice guy. Livestock prices seemed about the same as Aquatic Warehouse or Pet Kingdom, but good luck getting someone to help you out at those places.

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is:

Octopuss Garden 7975 Raytheon Rd San Diego, CA

(858) 576-7449

It is located in back, on the corner. Ignore all the "reserved" signs if you are there on the weekend. I went again last saturday but there wasn't much left. Ron said he was hoping to have new stuff in by Friday or Saturday if he was done moving.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in last weekend and he said they blew thru a few $K worth of corals. Ron said right now most of his stuff goes within a day or two while people are starting to come back. I believe he gets the new stuff Friday nights, but I could be wrong.

Damn NanoReefin, av isn't quite as bouncy as before...

Archived