Innovative Marine Aquariums

Koralia questions, will it kill an anemone?

kinktao

Is there a chance an anemone might get killed by a koralia. These pumps don't seem to suck water, they just seem to move it like a fan.

Any help would be appreciated.

If the anemone where large enough I could see a problem, the foot wrapping around the housing and a bit of flesh creeping in. But other than that I do not think so.

koralia damage

looks like it is possible.

just to make it clear, i do not share the OP's sense of humor in the link's posting, but just using it as evidence for a pump's ability to damage soft corals tissue.

• 2 weeks later...
non-photosynt

If anemone found its place and does not move, Korallia will not suck it. If it detached itself in the search of better life, then it may get sucked to Koralia grid and become damaged.

My tube anemone (takes 11 x11 x 11" in the tank) disagreed with common way to keep them in BB tank, and floated. Tentacles were sucked into Koralia 2 pump (600 gph). Found it in the morning, disconnected, placed on safer bowl. It recovered pretty soon.

Several months later, after changing the flow pattern, it disagreed again and floated off the tube. Koralia 2 was in the same place, but this time anemone just floated in the tank, without being sucked in the powerhead.

It's very strange, that frogspawn, glued to the rock, made its way to powerhead...

Archived