Pod Your Reef

Sutpid question, how do I start a siphon?

mane3215

I put a new fuge on the back of my tank and the way it is designed an overflow box sits in the tank, a siphon tube gets water from it, and siphons into the fuge. Of course goes through the fuge and pumped back into the tank via a rio 600 pump. I figured if I fill the fuge with water, and start the pump the pumping water would cause the siphon to start automatically, I can see I was wrong =). What do you guys do?

I cant, its a hard tube and the short side in in the overflow bow where its supposed to suck from, so I would have to stick my head int he tank =), I try to avoid doing that. :D

HAHAHA...my bad I didnt realize that. Well then, I dont know...I'm with you that it should have stated on its own, at least once it built up enough pressure

Got it =), I stuck a piece of airline tubing into the hard tube and sucked. After a few mouth fulls off nasty ass saltwater I got it =), now the damn pump is pumping too fast, and the over flow in the pump isnt getting water in fast enough. Now another prob =(.

Archived