Coral Vue Hydros

Can Micro Bubbles Harm?

blur1221

I just installed a skimmer on my 10 gal nano. The instructions said that it would produce micro-bubbles for a week or two. Im concerned about my crocea clam as it is not supposed to have contact with air as it might damage it. Will the micro bubbles be safe? They are swirling around the tank as they hit my two power heads.

actually there was a totm on RC (maybe 3-6 months ago) that had a microbubble injector that was set on a timer to activate once or twice a day. Apparently (according to the owner) the bubbles help "scrub" the slime coat of the corals and remove the organic proteins (wow, ackwardly natural protein skimmer action, huh?).

He did say that excessive microbubbles will cause long term protraction of polyps, which could then affect the health of the coral...But that was at a white wash level, not a few annoying microbubbles.

I have no overflow. Just a protein skimmer that lets out a bunch of bubbles. My only complaints are that the bubbles aren't very nice to look at and they seem to stick to the undersides of my fish.

Archived